15 October 2008

In Salt Lake for the conference


Daniel will be traveling to the Book of Mormon Archaeological Foundation's annual conference. It will be held at the Red Lion hotel in downtown Salt Lake City. He will be there on Saturday the 18th, manning a booth to sell copies of the book, answer questions, and show the PowerPoint presentation from our firesides. He will be attending the various sessions at the conference and will be at the booth during the breaks.

For those of you in the area, we invite you to come on by. There are some great presenters scheduled to speak, so there should be some very interesting information shared. Click here for a flyer with details on the event.

On Sunday evening the 19th, Daniel will be giving a fireside in Sandy, showing images and video from our trips and research. If you would like to attend, contact one of us for more details.

1 comment:

Glen and Bonnie said...

By way of introduction, I'm Dr. Glen A. Dolberg, Professor Emeritus of Humanities. I have had the privilege of serving as the guest professor on cruise ships since my full retirement in Jan. 2007. Prior to retirement my wife and I had already traveled widely throughout the world, and now with this new opportunity we have enjoyed already eleven cruises.
We now are scheduled to serve on a Royal Caribbean cruise from L.A. to San Juan, Puerto Rico via the Panama Canal from Oct. 26 through Nov. 8, 2008.
Nearly a year ago I read An LDS Guide to Mesoamerica in its earlier non-print form and I found the book VERY insightful. Therefore, I have asked the authors to allow me to promote the book during the cruise because the book provides such excellent background for anyone visiting Mesoamerica.
My recommendation is that anyone who may have interest in background about the Book of Mormon should read An LDS Guide to Mesoamerica. The authors have obviously invested appropriate effort in researching all the scholarly sources.